If you live in Melbourne or plan on visiting this Australian city, you will want to download a few iPhone apps. However, what are the best iPhone apps for Melbourne residents, workers or visitors? Read on to find out what they are.
1. TramTracker– When you’re living in or visiting Melbourne, the chances are you’ll want to travel via tram, which is why you’ll want to download TramTracker. This app lets you know when your tram is arriving for all stops across the city. Best of all, the information is in real-time.
TramTracker also lets you know if your tram is expecting to be delayed or if there are any disruptions you should know about. The app provides you with a lot of useful information about Melbourne’s tram network. If you want to make travel via tram easier, then download TramTracker to your iPhone.
2. Melbourne’s Bars & Pubs– If you’re looking for an app that can easily help you locate the best bars and pubs, then look no further than Melbourne’s Bars and Pubs app. This app allows you to find the best watering holes that are near you. All you have to do is click a few buttons and you’ll be shown the nearest pubs and bars. Last time I’ve been at Richmond looking for Asian cuisine, by using this App I was able to get to a really delicious Vietnamese restaurant.
The app will also provide you with other details about the bars and pubs it shows you. This information includes dress codes, food details, drink details and their operation hours. These are only a few things the app reveals, so feel free to download it to learn and use all of its features.
3. Zomato– Another useful app is Zomato, which locates restaurants you can order from. Melbourne is home to so many great restaurants and news ones are always opening, so finding them can be difficult at times. Zomato makes things easy because you can search for restaurants in the city.
When you search Zomato for restaurants in Melbourne, you will be shown a map so you know how to get there. You’ll also be able to check out menus and pictures. Perhaps the best thing about using the app is it features reviews, which can help you decide whether or not you should eat at a specific place.
4. BeanHunter– Are you a coffee lover because if you are, then BeanHunter is the app for you. It was designed with coffee drinkers in mind, and you can use it to find coffee shops in the city. Cafes are also shown to users.
BeanHunter shows photos and ratings of coffee shops and cafes too, so feel free to share your experience with other users of the app. Once you download the app to your iPhone, you can quickly find coffee shops and cafes in Melbourne, and then you can decide which ones you want to go to.
5. Nearify– This is a unique app that both residents and visitors to Melbourne will appreciate. It helps you find events that are happening in the city, so you will always know what’s going on. For example, Nearify will let you know of there are any live music shows taking place or if a comedy show is happening nearby.
Classes, workshops, festivals, movie screenings and sporting events are other things you’ll be able to learn about with the app. These are only a few examples of what Nearify can help you find, so make sure you download the app. By downloading it, you will know what’s going on in Melbourne.
6. WiFi Map– WiFi Map is a community that provides you with free hotspots throughout the city. You will have access to passwords to public WiFi and the database is constantly being updated. If you are always on the go in the city, then you will love this app because you will instantly be able to find a WiFi hotspot and you’ll have the password to access them. This is probably one of the most useful apps for people who need frequent access to the internet while on the go, but don’t want to use their own WiFi.
The above apps are only a few of the many apps you can use in Melbourne. However, they are the best ones to have on your iPhone. If you want to make your trip to Melbourne better, or if you want to make living there easier, then download all of them today. You will be glad you did.